Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

dial light for 40-190

Hi! I would like to know the correct bulb to put in this model is it #44 or #47 or a different #. I would like to get it as bright as possible Icon_confused

RT,

The two pilot lamps in the 1940 Model 40-190 are Philco Part No. 34-2064 (from the service bulletin parts list) which are equivalent to the standard number 44 lamp.

Cross references on Philco pilot lamps and standard numbers are on my site: http://www.philcorepairbench.com/lamps.htm

Chuck Thank you for the reply I only see one bulb in the tuner not two could someone have takin a bulb and socket out maybe that's why it looks dim? Icon_confused

Oops . . . sorry, only one lamp. Icon_confused Icon_confused

Must have flipped to previous bulletin for the 40-165 which does have two lamps.

Brain Cramps occuring more frequently nowadays . . . .

If you have the wrong lamp type in there which takes more current or is of a higher voltage rating, it will appear dimmer than the required type.

Hi Chuck thanks again for the speedy reply a #44 is now mandated for the radio Icon_lol

Hi! Chuck went and got a box of #44 bulbs pulled the old bulb out It was a Tung-Sol #44. Funny the tip of it was painted BLACK and the rest was frosted. Anyway put the new bulb in and saved the old one, My mother worked at Tung-Sol in Bloomfied NJ. for many years So this will stay with the set Thanks again PS I need a speaker for a 40-150 could you tell me what models are inter-changeable with this Philco And where I might be able to purchase an original one. Dan Icon_smile

Hi again,

That EM speaker type, 6-1/2" in diameter, is an odd size and was not that universally used.

The part number is 36-1483. The field coil is 1,100 ohms D.C., the voice coil is 5 ohms, and the speaker has a hum-buck coil in its design (see schematic).

This speaker can be substituted by Philco part numbers 36-1551 and 36-1519, both with same specs.

Your original part (or the subs) are also used in these models:

40-155, 41-250, 41-255, and 41-256.

Happy hunting,

Chuck