Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

roll call

I just took a quick inventory (actually just a count) and found that, much to my dismay, I have exactly 25 Philco radios in my collection, the earliest being a 1933, latest being a 1949. Three are consoles. I officially must have some sort of an illness, possibly Philcoitis, which I'm guessing is quite contagious. To help ease the symptoms, I'd like to hear from others with similar afflictions. Take inventory of how many Philco radios are in your collection and post the amount below. Twenty-five can't be all that many, can it? Icon_lol

Sixteen Philco radios and nine Philco TVs as of today. That makes twenty-five - same as you Icon_smile Oldest is 1931 - newest is 1961.

My Philcos number around 85 or so. Oldest is about 1931 phono combo.Newest is some time postwar.

I have 23 prewar radios of which 11 are Philco's and 4 are my winter's projects along with rebuilding the steering on my 1938 Buick....Wait, make that 12 Philco's as I just remembered the radio in my Buick is a dealer installed Philco.

Steve D

Thanks guys! Now I'm feeling a little less guilty. I have a ways to go to catch up to Doug! Icon_lol

I will have to do an inventory, most of my stuff seems to be Canadian General Electric these days. I would guess that I have over a dozen or so Philco sets, two consoles, two tombstones, four AC/DCs, three portables, two battery sets, a 1948 era FM model 48-482, a model 76A (46-1201) and two cathedral chassis.
Regards
Arran

I'm tied with Doug at 85 Philcos. I plan to thin the herd a little more, and hope to eventually cut the total (Philco, Scott, McMurdo and the one and only Zenith, a Super VIII) to 50 or less.

Oldest Philco sets are two "511 series" metal table models - a 512 Mandarin Red with the paint in poor shape, and a 511 repainted to look like a 515 Impressionistic. Also a 1928 "Console Grand" speaker table.

Newest? Hmmm...That honor would go to my two UK-made Tropic sets, which appear to be no older than mid-1950s.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

14 prewar Philcos, 2 Radiolas, 1 Truetone console, 1 Atwater-Kent and 5 or 6 plastic AA-5s. The only radio that I have that is completely restored is a Philco 91B. Maybe when I retire, I will find time to restore some of the others.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

56 Philcos and 46 other brands.

2 Philco sets, a 16b cathedral and a 47-1230. I also have 3 RCAs, a 9t tombstone, a 118 tombstone and a C7-4 console. One GE an E-101 tombstone. I also have 3 brand Z sets, a 7s363 console (my daily player) a 6s229 tombstone and a 6s239 chairside. I have a Hallicrafters boat anchor, two Silvertone 6436 consoles (in pieces) a Crosley 66TA, and a few AA5 sets I give as gifts.

I have another pre war set that slipped my mind, a 42-327, strange since I've owned it longer then most of the other sets, needs an oval electrodynamic speaker though.
Regards
Arran

Once you get the bug, you are addicted.

Counting my inventory, I have 97 radios total with 49 of them Philcos.
They range in years from 1931 to 1960.
Need more room!

Ed

I just counted all my Philcos too-It was a pretty quick count = 1

1936 680X top door version

Also just 1, although for reasons I find hard to explain it is probably my favorite and the one I use the most - 610B tombstone from 1936.

HI
I have 12 Philco radios from 1933 to 1953 they are all have been recapped and are working. Icon_smile. I need to do some cabinet work which I am not very good at. Icon_sad
Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY