Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Truetone D724 power xformer replacement?

From what I read Detrolas were known for burning power transformers, at least on their motorized dial sets. If it's getting warm and drawing too much current it could be a shorted winding, both a voltage check and resistance measurements should show if anything is off. Does the schematic indicate that this set had a 650 volt high voltage winding? Most sets have a 700 volt high voltage winding, like 350-0-350, it doesn't mean that other sets did not of course, some were more, some were less.
Regards
Arran

Framus is the same as ""that thing over there", "dohickey" or anything that you cannot thionk of the name for, going for gadget.

Also sometimes called ""framajan on the fraun".

Well I put in the new transformer and the radio works but my 6G5 does not light which was working before. Retested the tube and it now shows bad for the closed and open position (using an NRI 67 tester) would the transformer take the 6g5?

This is the eye tube, and I do not think there is any possible way the tube alone could bring down the set, nor could the transformer make the tube fail. But do check the wiring from socket to the set. Sometimes the wires fray causing shorts to each other or the chassis.