Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replacement Battery Specs for P608-6L for a Model 48-141

I am in the process of getting my fathers old Philco 48-141 up an running which is a batter powered raido. The specs on this site show the above battery pack. http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/624/M0013624.htm . However, they don't seem to me made anymore Icon_smile I had it running before using a very simple DC regulator I built using a transformer, a bunch of old zener diodes and some batteries. However, I am now wanting a more permanant solution using an actual battery.

From the schmatics, it looks like I need taps with 85, 5 and 1.5 volts. While the 5 and 1.5 are simple, the 85 my need a power inverter to boost the voltage off of a standard 12v battery. Has anyone ever done this before? If so, where could I find the schematics.

I am also i need of the battery plug and socket. The AC cord is original but I the plug is broken and I would like to replace it. I also need the socket for the battery pack that I would like to put into the case.

The final goal is to make this chargable using the AC adaptor or a 12V DC source from a car or a solar array....Yes, I know I am crazy for this but who else has a solar powered tube radioIcon_smile My father use to run it off of their windmill that was also use to pump their water.

Ken

The battery you need is a P60B6L, which is a 1.5 and 90 volt pack, measuring
10 3/4" x 2 5/8" x 6 1/4". So, all you'd need are those two abovementioned voltages. The 5v takes care of itself by way of the circuit.

I'd be glad to build you a battery, but I suspect you'll want it sooner than I could deliver it, as I'm swamped with other battery orders. I CAN, however, build you a socket if you'd like. All you'd need to do is lash wires to the respective solder islands.

Oh, I may have a large 4 pin plug in my mess of stuff, too. Let me know via email if you're interested.

Bill