Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 70

Hello, all. I'm new to this forum, but, also a member at Audio Karma, Syl's antique radios, and a third, that because of age, and senality, my mind can't remember the name of, though I was there twice today. Icon_rolleyes Anyway, I have a Philco 70 cathedral. I need to know 2 things. Does anyone have an original escutcheon they would part with? Secondly, this radio used to be owned by a dear friend who passed on. Some years ago it had an accident at his house, fell, and front smashed. A friend of ours made a new front for it. The job is very good, except he didn't router an edge on grill cut out. Otherwise, it looks nearly perfect. Does this detract from the value? I'm not selling it, but, his widow sold it to me with a prommisse I'd pay a fair price when in better financial shape. What should I give her? It was also missing all original knobs. He had modern knobs on it. Chassis had had alot of improper work done, though he said it played, and I will have to re-do it. Thanks.Bill Cahill Remebered 3rd! Atique Radio Forums.

"If it lights in the dark and leaves you with a warm glow it's tubes."

"Honey, did you warm the baby bottle on my 75 watt hi-fi again?"
"I left it somewhere, but, where?"

There is a very good repro front boards made by Dick Oliver.

See his link on the RESOURCE LINKS page of my site Bill.

Try Mike Koste "Gobs of Knobs"

His link and many others are on Ron's links page here:

http://www.philcoradio.com/resource.htm