Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not a philco but

Hi all
I was given this radio, It is in nice shape the cabinet is very good for the age it is a 7-S-633 from 1942 I think. I recapped it and replaced a tube and it works very good. Just thought I would share this with you guys.
Joe

[Image: http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118...C03745.jpg]

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

It's a nice looking radio.
I was trying to watch some one ebay, but they somehow always go for much more than I think they should, otherwise I'd buy one. there are several similar looking models I think.

That's a really nice looking set. Keep it.

Looks nice, Joe! And the price was right! Icon_thumbup Icon_clap

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Nice radio!

If you (Morzh) want a set like this one, recommend you go to radio auctions/meets. You should be able to get one for an acceptable price.

Yeah...I need to get me the membership of the local chapter of antique radio society, or whatever it is called here in NJ. Otherwise I don't know what happened and where and when.

Though now that I got that radio for my father (thanks BTW) I have that much less space in my small bedroom to stuff all that. Although that should improve in a few months - I am returning the Philco 70 (came damaged) and the one for my old man will eventually be handed down to him and settle in FL.

NJARC is a good bunch, very nice website too. Visit them Morzh, they have a nice feature called the reflector.

Paul

Tubetalk1

I sure will.

There are several clubs there in the NY/NJ area, from what I have heard they are all pretty good.

http://www.njarc.org/

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I'm trying to figure out where this radio came from and looking through
old copies of Broadcasting Yearbook for the call letters I'm not
coming up with anything that makes much sense. Not clear in picture
The call letters I think seem to be WEAS (Savannah) ? 1947
WINN (Louisville) ? 1948
WGRC or WCRC ???

If you can tell me what they actually are I can go back into Yearbooks
starting in the 30's
Thanks

That is an interesting part of the hobby that I also like to research. Many sets from back then have a wide variety of stations that indicate that the radio/antenna was capable of regularly receiving distant broadcasts.

WGRC was in Louisville, ky until 1959 then in 59 changed to WAKY
Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

They are probably alright sets, but would have the usual bugs of the other 1939-42 Zeniths like small power transformers, whacky power supply circuits (in some models), and rubber wire. One thing I don't like is the cheap cabinet touches with the faux inlay decals they liked to use, up until 1938 brand Z stayed away from faux grain, 1939 and later they seemed to use it extensively.
Regards
Arran

Do I feel stupid or what, seeing WINN Louisville and did not realize it was
flame thrower WHAS (not WEAS), I guess I'm slipping.