Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Noob Intro...42-1012

Hello...
My name is shawn and I'm working on a 42-1012. I got a schematic from the philco repair bench and have been reading this forum for a month or so on my phone because I don't have a computer,I actually had to borrow one to register because. I couldn't do it on my phone for some reason. I am an Ibew electrician,real close to 50 years old. My first issue is with the output transformer,p.n. 32-8191. Mine is pretty burnt,along with lots of the wires close to it. Where can i get another one? thnx
-shawn

Howdy! And Happy Holidays while we're at it...

Here are the specs for your 32-8191: Primary impedance 12,000 ohms; secondary 5 ohms, 10 watts; turns ratio 46:1.

You're lucky that your original transformer does not have the feedback tap as used in many of the better 1940 through 1942 Philco sets. While the feedback issue can be worked around, it's a bit complicated to describe. But you don't have that problem, so I won't go into it.

Anyway...the Hammond 125D should work nicely as a replacement. You can get one from Radio Daze.
http://www.radiodaze.com/product/39701.aspx

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks,and merry christmas to all. I was not able to find that trans in any of many internet searches,glad this site is here. A good evening to all.

-shawn