Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Push button fix OK?

To make a long story shortIcon_cry, at the end of the PB assembly (DIAL button end) there is a protruding rod, spring and washer. This goes in and out as buttons are pushed and released. I discovered that when accidentally no buttons are pushed in, none can then be pushed in! If I reach in with something and nudge that rod into the assembly, a button can then be pushed in and all is well. That is until the situation arises again. For fun, a nearby mica cap looked like something to stop this rod, for whatever reason, from coming out too far. The rod is not banging hard into the cap, of course, just kissing it. Many repetitions of the cause (pushing a button in slowly so that the last button pops out before the new one engages fully) could not repeat the problem! This seems to work. Yes, I've done the normal spraying of the assembly and a removal of the assembly is out of the question, 40-190. So let a sleeping dog lie?

Mine has never done that (locked up), and I do that with all pushbutton radios. I like to have all of the buttons outIcon_rolleyes So something is not aligned right in yours.

Quote:I like to have all of the buttons out

Well, when all of the buttons are out, of course, there is no audio! Either the DIAL button is chosen or one of the stations, otherwise you have nothing. And speaking about those buttons, one doesn't glue them on the posts, correct? This the third set of buttons that I've done and I never glued them on before. But this time, when I push one in, the automatic pop-out of the other one throws that P-B out of the bezel hole and on to the floor! The felt with the holes is there and snug, as well. The flange on each button is NOT wider than the openings. I attempted to squeeze the opening flanges on the inside of the bezel and it now stops the buttons, barely, but they have to be tapped in with your finger tip.

Yes. out when it is not being used.

I have found them glued on radios, but I don't think that is the way they came. Some of the shafts are forked. The forkes can be spread apart CAREFULLY, to make the buttons stay on. I don't remember if that radio is that way or not. If you need to "glue" them on use silicone or something that can still be pulled apart.