Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mitchell 1264 Issues

Cap across the leads shuts down the sound/reception completely. Cap installed in series has no effect either way.

A 55-Gallon Drum and a Shovel can solve many of life's little "Irritants"

I think my issue has been interference all this time. I tried a realignment again, then I took the radio to the bathroom and set it beside the window. I got several stations in this time. Took it back to my bench area and couldn't get but one faint station. I don't know whats blocking it, but I should have thought this out earlier when I noticed my clock radio beside the bed seemed to pick up stations ok. but my home stereo, ajacent to where I was working on it, won't pick up any AM stations either. I apologise for not thinking of this earlier and getting everyone a headache trying to figure this out. It is very well appreciated though!

Whew! I was about to suggest you find another donor loop.

Reminds me of a similar problem with a radio repaired for a friend at work. The radio would only blare noise at the factory. Interference was swamping out any radio stations.

Congrats!

Actually I was considering the same thing as far as getting another 'doner' radio for it's loop! This now is radio #2 in getting operational. I have 2 more, a 1930's trutone and a philco 42-340 that has lots of crusty wires. I am hoping those go smoother!

You have my sympathy concerning the crusty Philco wiring.