Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Westinghouse WR-212

I tried. This would not be the first time, I have one like that in my Zenith 9S262, and this is why I knew.
But in that other one the wire protruded, so I was able to solder it (though had to be very gentle when pulling the grid clip off).
In this one it is somehow under the level of the hole, when I sucked the solder out. Not sure how it is even possible. Could be that it got broken of first, a little piece embedded in the solder on the cap, and then when I took the solder off, the remaining stub no longer protruded.

So...I keep the tube, it tested good when the connection was there - maybe I will come up with some crafty stratagem to solder the cap.
Actually I thought of one - I will try to press around the hole to make the flat surface a funnel thus lowering the level of the hole, and maybe that could create just enough protrusion for me to try to solder the stub.

Well, luckily I did have the tube (the reason was that very detached cap in my Zenith - bought it just in case....came handy!), so I replaced it.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fw0j1fsGLU]

Nighttime reception in FL, with a short antenna. SW, Police and BC.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.