Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Questions On FM Alignment?

I'm working on a 1950's German Fonovox 7060. I specialize in 20's thru 40' radios and I'm not an FM expert. But I can read directions and understand them less some of the nomenclature This set would blow it's fuse when turned on when I got it over a year ago. I work on it in my spare time. I've actually repaired it to a point where the AM is aligned and working fine. FM is all messed up and I'm hoping it's an alignment problem. 97.1 coming in at 101.3 on the dial etc.

I have a good alignment procedure for the FM. First part is the FM IF Alignment. This is done with an AM sig. gen. and a VTVM. Second and third FM alignment procedures require an o-scope which I no longer have. A really nice Tektronix dual input digital storage model. Sold it after it sat around for years because I don't need a scope for the older radios. Sure miss it now!

Questions are... Under "RADIO DIAL SETTING" what does "Point of non-interference mean"? And under "REMARKS" what does "Adjust for maximum deflection" mean?

I'm all set up and actually adjusting A18 for this "Maximum Deflection". I'm dealing with negative voltages on my meter. I can adjust A18 from around -5Vdc to -13.6Vdc and if I keep going the voltage starts to go down again. So is this "Maximum Deflection" the -13.6Vdc?

I'll try to post this alignment procedure for you to look at but you may have to print it out or enlarge it somehow.
[Image: http://speakeasyradios.com/yahoo_site_ad...22_std.jpg]

I previewed this before posting it and I hope you can read it as I can. It's fairly legible.

Thank folks,
Johnny

"It's Nice To Be Nice To The Nice"
Major Frank Burns Mash 4077th