Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 620 connections

Hi: I found a model 620 at a recent auction. It was needing help but for $9 what can you expect? I've replaced all of the block and filter caps with the exception of #66 on the schematic. It shows #6287 DU which I believe is a double .3 cap. I may not be reading this correctly but I can only find where this block cap connects to the #65 resistor. I'm new at this so I'm sure I'm reading it wrong. Where does the second cap connect?

Also, the speaker wires were not connected under the chassis. There are 3 lead wires but I'm not sure where the connections are made. Again if I'm reading the schematic correctly one lead looks like it connects to the + side of the 8 electrolytic and the field coil, another lead looks like it connects from resitor #65 to the output transformer. Where would the third connection be? Sorry for the long winded questions.

Al, the third wire should go from output xfmr to plate of 42 (output) tube. As for the #66 cap, if thats in a block, its alone because I cant locate a 66 A. PL

Thanks for the help on the speaker question. On the capacitor question, it was a block cap and was listed as number 66 on the schematic. On the side of the block itself it had 6287 DU. I looked this number up and the chart showed it contained two .3 caps. It may be the block was incorrectly labeled or came from another radio. All I could find on the schematic was one connection to a resistor. Looks like that may be all there was. Thanks again. Al

Al your welcome, those blocks usually have the caps lettered if there is more than one. I know that some actually had two caps and a resistor. I like the concept of the blocks, it kills two birds with one stone, that is you end up with connection terminals as well as wiring in the caps. Neater under the chassis. I also found that the new safety caps (two) fit in with no problem. PL