Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

48-1262

New to the forum and my first post. I picked this up yesterday at a local antique store where it had been sitting in the shop for 12 years. It's rough, but I hope to get it sounding and looking great.

Terry
KE5YUM

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the forum, Terry. Looks like your 1948 Philco console has potential. It will be worth the effort to get it up and playing again... these big old radio / phono combos sound great. I have a 1947 model 47-1230 which is similar to yours. Another member here, who goes by the name Marsupial, also restored a 47-1230, including undertaking the refinishing of the cabinet. You might find his thread "Mohawk finishing products for Philco 47-1230" in the cabinet restoration section of the forum helpful if you intend on refinishing your cabinet as well. Best of luck!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Hi and welcome the Phourm!
Dang you got your work cut out for you! I would have passed on that one, cause of the cabinet and I like the older style sets. But to each their own. Stop by if you need any help there's a whole lot great smart guys here.
Terry N3GTE
ps what jug are you using in your Hartley?? I started one using a 211.

I am using a 327. I got the plans from an issue of the AWA journal a couple of years ago. It works great, except that 80 meters is noisy in this part of the US.