Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Philco Radio Story on Video

This video, featuring a silent film from 1929 shot in the Philco factory at Ontario and C Streets in Philadelphia was available for several years on VHS tape. I think that it was on DVD at least briefly. It appears the company which produced the video, Encore Home Entertainment, has gone out of business as I can no longer find a website for them. Encore is still around and still selling the video - see post #14 below.

Anyway, Codefox brought it to my attention that the video is now available on YouTube. The resolution is not great, but viewable.

You can watch it here, or click the YouTube logo in this thumbnail to watch it on the YouTube site:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kanPsUDyKrU]

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hmm, another reason for me to hope we will be finally able to get DSL next week! Icon_biggrin

No matter where you go, there you are.

Interesting! Thanks.

So Ron, Is that a model 87 they're putting together??? Didn't see any holes for the grid leads in the coil shields.
Terry

I think there may be a similar silent film showing a tour of the old Rogers-Majestic plant in Toronto, but I have never seen any more of it then some footage of the outside of the plant and Ted Rogers in his office. I've heard of the Philco factory tour, and have seen ones put out by RCA, I think there may also be one of the Atwater Kent plant in Philadelphia as well.
Regards
Arran

Hi Ron
That was really interesting, thanks for posting I really enjoyed itIcon_thumbup
Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

Interesting video! I don't have an 87, but I have (I know I said I wasn't buying anymore Icon_redface ) model 65 in that cabinet. Hey, it was only $20, so how could I turn it down?

Gene

I've got an 87 and a 95 with that cabinet too.
Terry

Nice video and I'm looking for a 95 highboy. Seem either hard to find or very expensive.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Neat! Icon_thumbup

Ron, Loved the video. Much better than expected. Thanks again.

Dave D

How things have changed, OSHA would have a hayday in that factory! The total lack of machine guarding and the guy spraying lacquer with no respirator.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Thanks. It impresses everybody.

Hold the phone, folks. Encore Home Video is still around and still selling the PHILCO video on DVD:

http://encorehomevideo.com/radio/philco.html

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN