Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-300 escutcheon scan?

Hi all-
Anyone willing to take their escutcheon and scan it on a flatbed scanner?
I have a 41-300 with the woodgrain printing missing on the escutcheon. It looks like someone tried to clean it with something too strong, and removed the printing. There are some VERY faint areas where you can see some black wood patterns, but it's mostly a brown color. Even the gold around the edges is gone (I can re-paint that).
I have access to equipment that prints on vinyl, so it would be easy for me to take a jpg from a 1:1 scan and print it on the vinyl.
Thanks in advance.
Glenn B

Hi Glenn-

I cant help you but I like your idea- I hope to restore the 40-180 which I purchased a couple weeks ago and its escutcheon is missing completely. If I could get the size and pattern of it, I could probably cut one out of a piece of veneer and color it to look like the real Mckoy

Hi Mike,
I had posted some links on the other site for you about the metal escutcheon of the 40-180. They are brass, but were not polished originally. They were painted.
Other models also use the same part.
These escutcheons come up on Ebay, for reasonable prices. The color I have found that is almost exact is the Plasti-Kote "odds'n'ends" small cans. Color name Brass. I think the number is 139S

A escutcheon made from wood would not be right, and IMHO would not look good.

Take care.
Gary Rabbitt.

thanks Gary