Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Phinish - RePhinish - Phinished

Or a Photo of the finish - which is not finished.

I went for the look of a 610 because the radial grain pattern on the edge of a 620 is easy when it's not real (photo art) but not so easy to create with real wood.

I have not decided if I want to bring up the definition of the vertical lines more or leave them as they are, leaning to leaving them less distinct.

I will put the Philco decal under the next coat.

[attachment=1623]

And I just found this mark on the tuner sub-chassis.

OK for ??? 7/20/36

Very nice lookingIcon_clapIcon_clap

???-Gilbert

OK for Gilbert?

Who's Gilbert?

Update. A little better light, stripes and logo:

[attachment=1633]

Fantastic job Icon_thumbup Can you fill us in on the details of your process ?

Wow. Outstanding!Icon_thumbup yes, let us know what you did.

If that "Photo Finish" is something that you did from scratch on that cabinet, it is one of the nicest attempts that I have seen thus far. Icon_clap Icon_thumbup Icon_wave

Please let us know how you did it!!!!

The lighter part is book-matched Bird's Eye Maple surrounded by Book-matched Walnut Burl. Toner is custom. I decided on a slightly darker shade for the vertical lines. The black lines are black. The top coat will be about VOC 75, slightly less than gloss.

Very nice!!!Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

BeautifulIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Very Sharp!!!
Terry

That's now a more deluxe cabinet then the 640 and above tombstone cabinets, at least on the front panel. I'm not sure about the best way to do that radial edge banding with real veneer, it's something a guitar maker would be able to handle I'm sure. Of course there is nothing stopping one from combing a faux edge banding with real veneer on the rest if one wanted to do that.
Regards
Arran

Well it had been stripped by the owner before me. So it was either that or the garbage. Good thing I had nothing else to do.