Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

32 volt Philco

I am looking for a 32 volt Philco or other brand in working condition.
How many were made and what models were they?.
I am more familiar with the Delco R32xx series that were popular as well.
I have a 32 volt Delco system, and like to display working 32 volt lights and other appliances.
Thank you

Mike

The only one I am aware of is the model 32, which is based on the Philco 89 circuit. I understand that they are quite rare. I found one on eBay, but it is not for sale. Its restoration is documented on my web site:
http://mcclellans.com/Philco32B.htm

Dave

Correction to my last post - I was referring to PHILCO 32 volt sets that I am aware of. I have the following 32 volt sets in my collection, and many more exist:

Airline 62-138 (Wells-Gardner Series 6B)
Silvertone 1925
Universal Battery Company 6132
Universal Battery Company 7232
Erla (Sentinel) 67L(134BL)
Karola (Brame Mfg Co Mnps)
Coronado (by Wells-Gardner & Co.) Series 7T5
Setchell Carlson 437
Delco 3201

Others:
Midland B6B
Knight 5646K(?)
Coronado (Gamble Scogmo) 36L
Crosley 159
Coronado (by Gamble-Scogmo Inc. Ch 36-L) 36L8600

Dave is correct on the Philco model 32. It was made in different cabinets for several years until about 1935. These used vibrator supplies for high voltage. Philco made a model for the 1936 model line, their last 32 volt set model 642 which like some of the other sets made used low voltage, 32 volts for B+ with type 48 tubes in push pull. I have a Lafayette 32 volt set like the Philco 642 with type 48's. The power output is only about a third of a watt but the set performs amazingly well with only 32 volts on the plates of the tubes.

Fred R

Do either of you have a working one for sale?
Again, I have the 32 volt system, and actually use Edison batteries to store the electricity.....