Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

zenith 6D525 chassis wiring

Hey guy's
Have a cute little zenith 6d525 toaster radio I am working on.
The thing needs re-wiring bad.
I need a wiring diagram for this one.
I have a lot of trouble reading the zenith schematics.
I need it spelled out clearly in a wiring diagram.
Does anyone know I might get one of these.
Have multiple areas that I need clarification on, and I am afraid the schematics are not going to do it for me.
Any idea's?
murf

Murf, I did no have problems with my Zeniths so far using what's on Nostalgiaair. Not the best, granted, but usable.

Here is one of my wiring schematic questions for anyone willing to look at the schematic.
The grid cap wire was gone from the 12k7 tube ,which should be wired to the 1st I.F. trans. 95-696 BA.
I pulled the can off to expose the coil a**'y, and there are 4 wire terminals.
Looking from the back of the chassis, there is a gray and a red on the left side(gray is far left corner).
Other side is a gray in the far right corner and a blue in the lower right corner.
Looking at the schematic, I can't tell which of the terminals on the left side the grid cap wire goes to.
I think it would be the gray in the far left corner, which if you follow the wire underneath the chassis it goes to a small coil.
Am I right on this?
Thanks

THink I found the problem.
WHen I got this radio there was a different tube installed in the 12k7 tube socket.
This tube did not have a grid cap.
Plus the wire for the grid cap was gone.
Replaced the tube with the correct 12k7gt tube and removed the can on the 1st IF trans. to fix the wire.
There were no traces of a broken wire.
Found out today that the green wire(upper left corner looking from back of chassis) is supposed to go to the grid cap for the tube, but should not be wired to anything underneath the chassis.
My radio is wired with the green going to pin 4 on the 12k7gt tube.
I replaced the 12k7gt tube with a 12sk7 tube(no grid cap) and the radio played and pulled in stations, but very distorted sound.
Apparently someone has done some re-wiring on that tube socket to accept a different tube.
Now what?
Not sure where to go with this basturdized chassis.
Any idea's?

I would try and get hold of a reliable schematic, and put the set back as is came from the factory. Better yet if you can get some pictures of a stock set showing wiring layout and parts placement.

I think that is the way to go.
I am looking for someone to take this on as my schematic skills suck.
I think zenith schematics are the worst for me.
Know anyone who would do this?
I could ship the chassis pretty easily.
Thanks

Murf,

Check out this link:
http://www.mcclellans.com/Zenith6D525Restoration.htm

There are pics there of the underside of the chassis.

Gene

Thanks for the link.
I have already checked it out and even emailed him.
The pics don't really show the wiring very clearly.
He said when he did his he did not re-wire it. HE just tried not to touch the wires.
I think I am going to have to find a chassis that is unmolested and use it as a reference to put the wiring back to original in mine with the original tubes.
Thanks