Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More ?? (help) on the Crosley 148

By looks good do you mean that you checked them to see if they were shorted to chassis with a ohm-meter?

Both there is considerable clearance on the leads that connect under the gang and where they pass through the chassis with a meter I get infinity with the lead lifted off the osc coil.

Have you done additional checks to see if there is a short to chassis where there should not be one? Agree that it should be in the front of the radio circuitry, but a short will often give misleading indications.

I know that this sounds like a pain in the keester, but I used to specialize in the early 30s Crosley sets and they can be a real bear to troubleshoot.
In fact, one of the toughest I had was a model 148.

I will give it a day or two sometimes I have to give it a short break and maybe it will jump out at me. I will especially look for shorts and recheck resistors and cap values wouldn't be the first time I messed up. Thanks for the pointers it is frustrating to have it play of the grid cap and not through the antenna

Bingo....Started a systematic search after taking a break from the radio first listed all resistors from the parts list then found each one and verified the value and location so far nothing wrong started the same for the caps first one on the list should have been a 0006 I had a 006 located on the 57 plate went through the rest no other discrepancy plugged it in and got some of the stronger stations right off hooked a 2ft lead on the ant terminal and away she went... Thanks to all the gave advice I'm continuing on the learning curve.

Eric