Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-629

I have a Philco 41-629 that I am thinking about making my next restoration project and wonder if any forum members have experience with this model.
It has the Beam of Light pickup and also has the recording function.
I have the Riders information and it has no information about the recording function.
Would love to see any discussions about this radio.
Regards, Paul

I did one a couple of years ago. I got the BOL to work pretty good. I had to have the two drive wheels re-done of course. I replaced the voltage cell with a coin changer cell and have all of the voltage I need. I figure this is a good thing since I was able to adjust a compensator on the chassis (forget the number) to reduce the feed to the lamp (I have the original) so that when you switch between the radio and phono the volume is about the same. It results in a slightly less bright lamp but I figure it will last with less RF (?) applied to it. I did nothing to the recording option except to polish up the recording "speaker". If I remember right it is a 3" PM speaker.

As far as the chassis I did the usual caps/resistors. Did find that I had several opens in the OT but I was able to unwind and solder about a half dozen breaks. Lost probably a couple of turns is all. I have the cabinet on my to do list. It isn't in too bad a shape.

Hey Marv:
Who re-did your drive wheels for you?

Gregb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
What do I have? Philco 655
hello Adam, What a great looking radio and I agree with mr Fixr and Gary if Ron was still with us I am sure he would re...radiorich — 10:23 PM
Wouldn't be the first "Phranken-Philco" to come out of the factory. Kinda like model year end cars built back...GarySP — 07:45 PM
Philco Model 76 Highboy
That's a nice looking cabinet. With a little bit of rub on stain and paste wax that should even out the finish. When you...Radioroslyn — 05:20 PM
Hi Adam, Others may know more than me, but it was not uncommon for Philco to run out of cabinets and use one for a new...MrFixr55 — 02:51 PM
Haven't been on here in a while, and it's been a while since I've worked on a Philco.  I picked this up a while back, an...adamrobertg — 08:10 AM
Clear Schematic for 41-255
Hello Ross, We have all been there don't worry the guys here have you taken care of !! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 09:35 PM
What's really funny is I looked at the pages and saw 255 and it took me 30 sec of looking at the schematic trying to fig...RossH — 05:19 PM
Ross, sorry, clicked on the wrong one. here's the down load for the 41-255 as an attachment.klondike98 — 04:40 PM
RossH - Were you looking at our copy of the 1941 Yearbook, or one that you found elsewhere?DaleHCook — 04:12 PM
Ditto. Perfectly readable here. Monitor or computer problems?!rfeenstra — 12:10 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2028 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2027 Guest(s)

>