Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help on ID of two Philco's I bought

What do I have and what are they worth in general. I love how they look. One seems to be a model 60 cathederal style the other a tombstone radio looks like model #620 Photos attached. thanks for any help!

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached is a better photo of the two radios I just purchased at an estate sale in Wisconsin after I cleaned the dust off them. I love the look of both. I think one is a model 60 and one is a model 620. Photo of them attached. I am new here, so any help on what they are and what their value may be would be great. Thank you.
--Phil

Attached Files Image(s)

Since you purchased them then you should know what the value is! Snarkiness aside, call them $40-50 apiece at estate sales in as-is condition.

Looks like you have a woman with a sore back! butIwannatellya...

Looks like top one is a 1935, and the bottom a 1936. You can easily find which models you have by utilizing the fine Philco Radio Gallery here http://philcoradio.com/gallery/index.htm

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Agreed, would paid USD 100 delivered and insured for same to 11566. Exray might do better if you do not want them.

Radio Phil, we do welcome you here! Icon_biggrin

I merged your two threads into one as they are on the same subject and the photographs in both are good ones and deserve to all be together in the same thread. Icon_smile

The cathedral is an early 1936 version of the model 60B, if it has an AC cord. Now, if it has a multiwire cable coming out from its back, then it is the battery-operated version, Model 38.

The tombstone your lady (wife? girlfriend?) is holding is a 1936 model 620B. The 620B is not a large tombstone but it looks giant with your lady holding it so she must be quite petite. I noticed the $75 price tag on the 620B, which I think is a bit high in its current condition, but if the chassis is clean and rust-free, then you did OK if this is what you paid for it.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Nice finds! Older radios in that kind of condition are getting harder to kind.

Thank you for the welcome...and the help. Ron, the only reason I tried to post twice on the same subject was because after the first attempt it did not show up so I thought it didn't work the first time.

Yes, there are original power cords on each of the radios. That's my wife Sandy, who told me "Happy Anniversary" as we were walking back to our car with them. (our 20th May 10th)

FYI...it was the second day of the estate sale and everything was half off. Plus I got a deal for buying both...both radios for $70.00. It appears I did OK. I felt great about getting them. I have a few other Philcos in my collection as well.

I just love the look of the old radios, and being a Phil who is also a radio talk show host it's only natural that I have taken to Philco radios.

I DO HAVE the knob missing from the one radio but it appears the metal part sticking out has something broken on the end because the knob will not just slide on. Can that be repaired?

Check out the photo of the sign I posted in the advertising section as well. I look forward to stopping by here from time to time.
Again, thank you for sharing your Philco knowledge with me here all.

Phil

When you first join the Phorum, your first two posts have to be approved by a moderator or admin. I see now that I need to find a way to automatically notify new members via email of this fact to avoid confusion...sorry. I'll have to add that project to my never-ending to-do list.

Anyway...congratulations not only on your new acquisitions, but on your 20th anniversary! Icon_thumbup Obviously your wife must be very supportive and understanding to allow two vintage radios to mark your 20th anniversary. That is so neat!

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Welcome to the Phorum , Phil. These folks are great and will do everything they can to help you get those radios up and running. Wow, a woman that lets you get two radios and carries them as well.... that's a keeper!!! Take care . Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan