Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who's in Michigan that would like a GE Colorama CHEAP?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GE-AM-SW...3381964937

I'd give my 200 MHz dual trace scope for one of these....

Tell you what.. if someone will give this a good home, I'll PAY for it and you can just pick it up. I just don't want to see this go to being a bar or a digital entertainment center... not at that price.

If I had any plans to go near Michigan I would get it myself, I like G.E sets. With regard to good candidates to turn into something else, this Philco 16X cabinet with the plastic Hong Kong cathedral stuffed into the front would be a good candidate for that, or as a veneer donor, or for burning.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Philco-M...RTM1303753

Regards
Arran

Nice looking set! I'd buy it and I'm cheap!! But alas it's too far away.
Terry

hey Micheal Dennis...this radio is just a little south of you! Actually, the set is in very southwest lower Michigan...closer to Indiana or Illinois folks. Take care all. Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Brenda, is it something you cannot get to? I know a couple of collectors out that way, i can send them the link.

Paul

Tubetalk1

I have no way to personally get to anything. I'm at an overseas US military installation, so my only way to get radios is via USPS/MPS. Give the link to whomever you like, I just want to see this set go to someone who will restore it rather than use it for some crazed steampunk or modernization scheme.

I'm North of Detroit. These GE sets are nice, though not one of my holy grails.

Is the price on the eBay auction what you want for it. or fill mr in with the details.

Might be well to PM me, and we can talk.

Not my set. I just want it to go to someone who will appreciate it, since I have no way to get it myself. These Coloramas are fairly rare, and very nice sets.

Didn't sell and is relisted. I have a trashed cabinet and would buy this if it was closer.