Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-610

Does this look any good? This will be my first tombstone Radio. Does the finish look right? What do you think it is worth? It doesn't work, but that's the way I want it.

Thanks,
Eric

It's purty. I've seen too many that had the photofinish stripped off and refinished in an ugly tan. Icon_thumbdown This one looks very nice, with excellent photofinish. Go for it! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Asking what it is worth is like asking "how long is a piece of string." It means something to you, and that makes it priceless! Take care. Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Thanks Ron,
As I said, it's my first attempt at purchasing a tombstone. I know everyone hates to put prices on radios but I just need a rough idea on how high to go.

Thanks,
Eric

Start low, say $25.00-30.00 dollars. You might get it cheap. Alwaysm leave room to go up. Don't forget, it's not working...use that to your advantage. Personally, If I wanted that tombstone I would bid up to $75.00 or so. Take care. Gary

Gary - Westland Michigan

Thanks Gary. That's what I needed to know. Wish me luck!

Eric

Good luck!!! Let us all know how you did. Gary

Gary - Westland Michigan

Very nice cabinet and an easy set to work on. A heck of a lot nicer than that other set you where looking it.
Terry

Well, it was on Ebay and just sold for $207.50. Not quite what I was looking to pay. There are a few meets locally this summer. That may be my chance.

Thanks again for the help guys,
Eric

That can be an issue having a nice fotophinish can drive the price up pretty high. In some cases you can do a little art work and make a fair PF look great!
Terry

Yes, finding a set with decent photo-finish is tough. Although I think it went for too much, I bet the reason it did is the condition of the finish.

I'm not too sure but I think $207.50 is a bit ridiculous, even though the faux finish is in good condition. Which seller had the listing?
Regards
Arran

I don't believe it was one of the scammers. If it was I never would have had any interest in it.

Eric

Since the auction is over, here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/261204408043

I wouldn't say the final price was ridiculous, but it is a bit more than I would pay. If I really wanted a fine looking, original 37-610B, this was a fine looking example indeed, and I probably would have gone up to $200, but no more than that.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I agree that it looks like it's in excellent condition but in the end it's still a five tube set. I have somewhat of a bias against sets with a large amount of faux wood grain, it reminds me of crappy furniture and electronic equipment from the 70's. It seems sort of perverse to me that people would pay more for a set with a faux or fake wood grain because it's in good condition then they would for a better set with a higher quality cabinet.
Regards
Arran