Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

It's good to have really good friends!

I have been out of work for most of this year. It's been really stressful and dealing with the uncertainty of the future has been difficult for me, my wife, and family. I have a couple of other radio collector friends who are electrical engineers, one of whom works at Boeing. Thanks to his personal reference and everyone's encouragement, I landed a great job with Boeing starting in May!

Last night the three of us went to dinner with our respective spouses. After a fantastic meal and good conversation, they brought this out which they had found and purchased as a gift for me! I am a blessed man! Between good friends like there guys and my stalwart wife the future is looking good!

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/Ledhed...0Tombstone

One cannot forbid people to be idiots....all one can do is try not to be one. -Morzh

Return the favor when you can. That's how it works.

Very kewl!! Indeed you are blessed.
Terry

What life is all about!

You are indeed a very lucky and blessed man. Hold onto all of them tightly!!!Congratulations and take care. Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

WOW!!! An excellent radio!!

You have some great friends!! Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

I do consider myself a very lucky guy. I start badging and a clearance interview on the sixth, and real work on the tenth.

One cannot forbid people to be idiots....all one can do is try not to be one. -Morzh

Lucky guy!!! Close friends are what its all about...FRIENDS & FAMILY!!

LedHed

Congrats on the new job and these friends are keepers.

BTW what do you do, EE also?

I am in electronics technician for precision machine tools. CNC machines, robotic riveters, that sort of thing.

Previous to that, I was a commercial/industrial electrician. Before that, a US Navy Fire Control man.

I started my career after the university as a repair man for NC / CNC tools. Mostly NC, there were no CNCs at the time in the USSR. I fixed it all, turret lathes, machining centers, drilling / routing / milling......tools and controls....Perforated tape readers....spent 3 years at a huge factory.

I've been told that I will likely move around to gain experience on different machines. Right now Boeing has started me on the wing riveters made by GEMCOR. I don't know where I will end up long term, but for now I am working at the 737 production facility in Renton. There are something like 7000 737s on back-order right now, and I hope that spells long term security for me and my family.

Wow, tough commute! Hope you're at least on the south side of The Bridge... fortunately I work in Anacortes as well as live here. Icon_biggrin

Hey Ledhed...my continued employment depends on you doing a great job. I'm sure some of those 37's are for my employer. Build them and maintain the tools that build them like your life depended on it. Ultimately, it does if you're flying in it!!! Enjoy your new job. Take care, Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

DeckApe,
I am on the south side of the bridge. Due to the commute I am currently involved in selling "Casa del Hanley del Norte" to move further south. I have a carpool buddy who lives on Camano, so that helps!

GarySP,
Without a doubt, I have been impressed with the Boeing culture of "doing it right." As I'm sure you know, you don't just hang your shingle and build airplanes. The company seems to really care about the product and showing the world that great things are still built in the US of A. Rest assured that we are doing the best we can, and we "the individuals" have the authority and the duty to reject and report anything we see that is sub standard.

It's a pretty cool job so far. I'm still trying to get up to speed on these machines. Lots of different pieces all moving and communicating together.