Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dial Glass replace

Have a 37 630 with a broken dial glass. Stuck trying to remove assembly from cabinet, procedure not obvious. Suggestions

Welcome to the Phorum! Another from AZ, I do believe we have more radio collectors in this state than radios.Icon_lol I might suggest you take your glass to an old clock repair shop. They have a large selection and the one I go to ordered one the exact size I needed. The shop is located in Cottonwood.

Regards, Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

You should be able to remove the outer trim ring by pressing down on it gently yet firmly, at the same time give it a twist to the left (counterclockwise). If this does not work try twisitng it clockwise instead. Most come off by twisting counterclockwise but I have heard of some which require a clockwise twist to remove. Once this is removed the glass can be removed. Be careful as the glass will fall out once that trim ring is loosened. Replacement is the reverse of removal.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron, did some twisting a while ago, had to use some double sided tape on the ring to get a good grip. Success, cracked glass was the reason for the exercise.

Thanks for the response Jerry, an alternative to a watch maker might be Bill Turner's web site www.dialcover.com. A wide range of sizes in plastic and glass are listed in both flat and convex shapes.

Thanks again,

W

You could also go to a glass shop and get them to cut a new lens out of flat glass, it shouldn't cost much.
Regards
Arran