Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

PHILCO CONDENSER MICROPHONE

Am looking for any info---ads, tech, etc on my Philco microphone. Especially, I'd like to know if it was a "consumer" product or more professional. Other mic manufacturers did make consumer models. I'm assuming it was for radio/sound reinforcement or recording. Any help you can give would be great.

misfit

Here is a photo of the mic.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's a close up of mic head.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow, nothing? I have another mic made in Akron, Ohio called a Beacon and the heavy mic collectors nor the historical association of Akron can find any info on this company (Beacon Microphone Company of Akron, Ohio on the plate). Oh well, I got them both anyway. Thanks for looking and hope someone can help me.

It's a holiday weekend and folks are away from their computers. I know I'm spending my days outside refinishing cabinets. Please be patient, someone will answer. I'll look through some stuff when I get time to do so.

In the meantime, since this is a request for information and not a solicitation to buy, I am moving this thread to Philco Home Radios as that will probably be the most appropriate place for this thread, even though it isn't a radio. You'll get more views there anyway, and perhaps more responses. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

There is a fellow Bob Paquette in Milwaukee, he might know about it if you ask him and sent a photo.

He is here, anyone who likes mikes should check this out, very cool.

http://www.sssmilwaukee.com/Microphone%20Museum.html

Paul

Tubetalk1

Thanks Paul,

I did send off an email to him and got nothing back. So either he has nothing on the mic (making it more a consumerish mic) or he really doesn't care about it. His collection is very historic with many one of a kind mics. I've also contacted other "high end" mic collectors and still a wall of silence. So I will keep searching. Thanks for responding!

Misfit