Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RadioBar - Philco

I have owned this radio for over 30 years and frankly do not know much about it. I believe it to be a model 507...

All the glassware is in good condition however I do not have a full set of the shot glasses but do have the large Scotch-Bourbon-Gin-Brandy bottels plus a bitters bottle.

Does anybody have an idea what it is worth? I am moving and may be interested in selling.

Thanks

I have listed this radio on Ebay as of June 18, 2013.

That is a pretty desirable set.

Value depends on condition of set, completeness of bar-ware, condition of cabinet, etc....

Recommend you post some pics here so we can see what you have and better assess what you have.

Not sure I know how to download these pictures but will try.

Looking for pictures -

You can probably get an idea from looking at similar sales history on Ebay. Almost never find one with all the glassware, and your cabinet looks very nice needing minimal work. I asume the radio chassis is present, but please don't plug it in, as some restoration will definitely be needed. I think you have something of value, well over $1000 (retail) all tolled, and crating shipping, an insurance (if you don't sell locally) will not be cheap. I'm sure others will also comment.

Thanks for the information. Just a bit more from me - the radio is complete and it worked but I have not tried it in years. In addition to the decanters I also have 2 cocktail shakers.

You're only about 45 minutes from me. I'd completely remove my pool table and make it into a radio "bar room", meself! Icon_angel Yessir, and I would thoroughly be entertained! That's a fine looking machine, you have there, captain!

It is for sale but I have no idea what it is worth. I have seen prices from $1,500 sold on Radio Attic and one that did not make the reserve on Ebay at $2,617. If you would like to see it - let me know. Thanks.