Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dial markings

[attachment=1924][attachment=1925]Picked up a 37-620, noticed decal on dial with some numbers. Didn't pay attention as I have seen all kinds of markings people put on their radios to mark their favorite station(s). Took a closer look and found the markings to be typed and installed under the dial glass.. wierd numbers that make no sense.
Any ideas?

btw, does anyone know if any of this cabinet would be photo-phinish? Some parts look that way but I've been wrong before..

Hello, Tim: I heard you had a blast at K'town.

The number arrangement vaguely resemble the matrix I used to calculate trajectory for my death-ray, which utilizes 24-6A3 tubes powered by rhesus monkeys on bicycles.

Unfortunately my ex-mother in law had a large parabolic mirror affixed to the bottom of her broom when she flew over and it reflected my death ray towards Texas, where I hear it may have caused some ugly developments in the weather.

Sic transit gloria.......

Sure did! John and I were expecting to see you but with that Death Ray always looking for ya.. I'd lay low too!

September maybe?

Tim

That's the IP address for the radio Icon_wink

Heh...that's the first thing I thought of too...IP address...Icon_lol

But I'm wondering if this was the owner's way of remembering certain SW frequencies? 2.5.0 could be 2.5 mc = WWV, 3.3.3 is one of CHU's frequencies (3.33 mc). As for 1.7.2 and 4.2.5, who knows?

By the way, nice to meet you at Basin Street, TimC. Icon_thumbup Tom Forbes just doesn't know what fun he missed, eh! Icon_wave

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Lottery number...

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952

Notice how there's a big dot, and a small dot, on every lines.

I guess there 4 lines, numbered 1, 2, 3 & 4, each with one value that has one decimal: 7.2, 5.0, 3.3, 2.5.
My guess is some shortwave bands reference. Perhaps during the war to get news from Europe? (although international SW Bands are 11m and up. but I don't know how they are related to on the dial for that specific radio. Maybe it doesn't make sense)

Values 2 & 4 have been checked out. Owner was still trying out on 1 & 3... maybe?

-Mars

Thanks for the ideas.
Must of been the owners Favorites list!

Nice meeting you too Ron!
I missed the bonfire. Didn't see my Stromberg cabinet burn..

Thinking of camping out there in September.

Tim