Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi..My name is Mike...I live in eastern North Carolina and have recently acquired a Philco 47-1230 !...Excellent shape...It has a D-10A phono...Here's the trouble...The plastic gear is stripped that drives the cam...I'm sure this is a common problem...actually I did it because not knowing any better I turned the spindle by hand to get things moving...Well there went the gear!...I have since taken things apart and cleaned all the old hardened grease off and used 3-in-one oil to make things move nice and smoothly.
My question is...Where can I get a replacement gear?..Thanks for all Your help!...I look forward to talking to the experts!...Any advice You Guys can offer would be greatly appreciated....Thanks again!....Mike

Picture of problem will help. Someone here will be able to encourage/discourage/help you.

We were all new to this hobby once, suggest you change your sign in name to apprentice or whatever.

Thanks...I'll see if I can get a pic up this weekend.....Mike

Cannot get My camera to work...but thanks anyway...I made a gear Myself since No One could help.

Glad you solved your problem. If you post how you made the gear it might help someone in the future.

I simply machined one from aluminum.

Simply put.... Icon_surprised