Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sound Remedy Speaker Repair

Hi guys. I know there have beens threads in the past about speaker repair but I thought I'd mention a repair that I just had done.

Ron recommended these folks and they did a great job on a speaker for me. It really does look and sound like new. Turn around time was only about 2 weeks and it wasn't too expensive. Only $35.00 plus shipping.

Just thought you'd like to know. Sound Remedy. http://www.soundremedynj.com/

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

Thanks Eric...added them to my list of parts and repair resources.Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_thumbup

Eric, does the repair look original? Did he use an authentic style cone with a corrugated edge or a modern type with a foam or rubber surround?

I have a couple of speakers that need reconing but wondered if they could be redone with new cones of similar stiffness as the originals.

Eric--It's good to learn of a shop doing quality work at an economical price. I had a speaker reconed recently.Job quality was excellent but cost was $20 more. I'll give Sound Remedy a try on the next one.

I guess it looks original. What do you think?

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL

Looks great. Do you have a "before" picture?

Sorry, I don't. The reason that I had it redone was because the cone was intact but wouldn't move at the voice coil. It looks the same except the original had nothing over the voice coil.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL

Rich Stamer is a good guy too. He fixed a little 5 inch speaker for an Emerson I have, only a AA6 but with the refreshed speaker one of my best sounding sets. Enjoy.

Paul

Tubetalk1