Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco call letter tabs

I need to replace the tabs by the pushbuttons on my 41-300.Some where pushed way in and one is missing.[ I'm not sure what these things are even called] but they show station call letters by the pushbuttons.like
WGN WIND WLS WBBM. One of them even says TV. I don't know what that was about. anyway I'd like to find a good replacement for them.
thanks.have fun Icon_biggrin

Hi Billvet6,
You can get NOS station call tags on ebay, ex: http://cgi.ebay.com/6577517408

(yes they are Ze----, but you can find official Philco one sometimes too) OR you can make your own, I made some up in MS Word, print them out, spray krylon flat clear on both sides of the paper, then when dry, just cut them out.

I think thats what you were refering too??
take care,
jerry.

thank you for the reply. I will check that out.

Bill,

I think I have some full-size scans of the tab sheet set of 6 pages for a 1942 set somewhere. Can't remember if the color scans are jpegs or pdfs. Once I find the tab set, I'll post here.

thanks Chuck

Found the six jpegs. Each is about 700K in size. Can your email handle 700K attachments? WIll send individually.

Here is a thumbnail of one of the sheets.

[Image: http://www.philcorepairbench.com/images/smalltabs02.jpg]

I don't know. Wish I had asked this question before I sent the check for the papers for the 41 300 from you. These are exactly what I am looking for. Ill certainly try. Thank you so much for the help.
Bill

Will send you the first sheet via email attachment. Let me know if it's ok. If your end has fits, then I'll print out the files on laser and mail to you. Still have your address. No problem. Icon_smile

thanks again Chuck

Chuck
I haven't been able to print these labels. I think our printer has quit.
Bill

Just sent the files to myself at work where I have a nice colour laser (non-smudging when cutting and insert tabs) and will mail them to you on Monday Bill.

Happy Holidays! 8)

I realy thank you so very much.Bill Icon_biggrin

Sooo..... anybody got the tabs that fit the mystery control?

Just caught this thread and find myself in the same boat! Would you be kind enough to email me the call letters? I have a 39-55 that needs numbers. Also, just acquired a 41-300. Will your call letters fit in the push button models?

hyounce Wrote:Just caught this thread and find myself in the same boat! Would you be kind enough to email me the call letters? I have a 39-55 that needs numbers. Also, just acquired a 41-300. Will your call letters fit in the push button models?

I need the same thing!!