Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newbie, Philco H865

Hello all, new to the "Phorum." Not sure if this is the right thread section if not bump it to the right one. But over the weekend I picked up a record console of Craigslist. Was trying to look for an Owners manual for it or any kind of info. Its a Philco Ford H865. Has the AM/FM, 8 Track, and Record player. Anyone know what year this is from? Also I need to replace the needle for it as it was broken. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

"H" indicates 1960, however I do not show H865 in any of my literature. Console stereos of the era normally had 5 digit model numbers. A letter followed by 4 numbers, possibly a couple of additional letters for cabinet finish. Eight track indicates something later than 1960. Take another look.

A needle or cartridge number will help finding a replacement. The changer could be a VM, Glaser-Steers or BSR. Without an accurate model #, a photo of the changer will help.

Don

I did find the player is a BSR C123-B1. I have the player part at a shop trying to find a cartridge and needle for it. I also found a tonearm on ebay that matches if he cant find anything

This is the sticker on the back of the unit

Attached Files Image(s)

It appears to be a Canadian number. I have no information on Canadian Philcos. Perhaps others can help.

Excited. The shop I took it to found a cartridge and needle for it! He'll order it tomorrow.