Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dial Apart on 34

Hi All;
I have downloaded The information on Dial and replacing the Rubber "O" rings, but I am not that far along.. I want to get the Dial face off, so I don't break or crack it..
Also I see that ther are three soldered screws under the Chassis for the Variable Capacitor, and Four screws for the mechanical gearing mechanism.. What all needs to come off and is it in any order or preference ?? and I need to take off the Vairable Capacitor to get at all of the Rust on the top of the chassis.. I would love to take the coil cans off as well, but I don't think they come off.. Am I right about that ?? The top of the Chassis has some deep rust stains in many places on the top of it..
Also, I did order the Tubes that I need.. Two of each, type..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
I found out that the plastic dial face doesn't twist off like the other Dial faces, but it has two set screws that I did not see.. They were hidden from my sight, when I looked at it, they revealed themselves after taking off the front four screws and turning the Dial..
I now have the Variable Capacitor off and can clean the top of the chassis..
I also found out that the top of the IF cans can indeed come off from the top, as it has a large "C" clip holding it on..
Can it safely be taken off and still put back on and hold the can in place ??
THANK YOU Marty