Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grill frame for 89

I recently got the new, handmade repro cabinet for my 89b chassis. There are some things it does not come with, primarily the speaker grill cloth frame. Can someone tell me if this will fit my 89, as there doesn't seem to be an exact 89 frame available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reproduction-Gri...5ad6746686

I *think* it will, it looks right as the 89 speaker backing board looks the same. You may have to trim a little at the top, maybe not. A test fit prior to applying the grille cloth will tell for certain.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks, Ron. I thought that might be the case, but felt it prudent to ask an expert.

That's just the sort of thing that I would try to make on my own, I wouldn't think of buying one, especially for that price.
Regards
Arran

I thought of it, even WANTED to make one myself, but I just don't have the proper tools nor the material.

Thick cardboard and a razor knife, like an Ulfa or a Stanley, I think would work, that and some bits out of a school geometry set.
Regards
Arran

Unfortunately, Brenda does not live close to a Michaels or Hobby Lobby, Arran.

I've made my own out of picture matting material (whatever the proper name for the stuff is) from Michaels.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The cover from a three ring notebook will work.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Good idea Steve, the cardboard from a cheap three ring binder, that would certainly work, in fact it may be thicker then the cardboard piece he's selling. I wonder just what they do have for craft and stationary stores in Korea? There must be some equivalent?
Regards
Arran