Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boat Anchor?

I don't even think that you need a diagram for this thing, it looks like standard straight line TRF set, a couple of micas, some interstage transformers, coils, a grid leak, and a paper cap. You could likely use one for another set with the same tubes and find 95% of what you need. I would try contacting the company yourself about their radio business, sometimes employees make up stories like that because they can't be bothered finding out.
Regards
Arran

I'm pretty much a novice in the learning stages do alright with the 30's-40's but mostly its Test the tubes, recap, replace out of spec resistors, wound a field coil and mend some speaker cones so everything is on a learning curve. I use this forum and the antique forum for searches and questions and recently joined the radio club down here (Atlanta area). Almost have a full set of the rider's much easier on the eyes than looking online.
Eric

A simple way to tell if it's a boat anchor, wood floats, iron sinks!
Sure looks like a keeper to me! hope you restore it!

yup, can't touch it yet have a couple of other ones ahead but thought I would try to get my research started as there seems to be so little out there on them.