38-8 $5
[Image: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z309/...7ea0c3.jpg]

Lowboy with tapestry $12............45s are gone
[Image: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z309/...24ade3.jpg]

Nice find DK Icon_thumbup

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

What great finds DK, could only happen out on that other coast area. Not a chance around here.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Very Nice Radios... Icon_clap

The 45s are gone from the second console? Not 71As?
Regards
Arran

Quote:Not 71As?

Hmm.......don't know, just assumed. Which schematic will I want?

How many tubes does it appear to have? Does it have a metal box at the back of the chassis behind the tuning cap? The gallery say that there were four different chassis offered with that cabinet, a 40, a 76, an 87, and a 95. The 95 had type #45s, and I think the 87 did too, not sure about the 40 and the 76 though.
Regards
Arran

Quote:Does it have a metal box at the back of the chassis behind the tuning cap?

No.....And it has 45s, and only one is missing! What a great auction. It was some guy's collection of hundreds of radios, parts, test equipment, etc. The Mohawk One Dial was $25 with six good 01As. If you wanted parts sets, you could have filled up a pick-up truck for a few hundred dollars. There must have been 30 Philco cathedrals from great to falling apart; but the tubes were in all of them along with the knobs.

Be careful with that because both #45s and 71As are four pin tubes, and in 1929 Philco used both depending on what chassis you had. I remember that there was a Philco 20 in a local antique shop where someone had fitted a pair of #45s in place of the 71As, they were both burned out needless to say since a 71A has a 5 volt filament.
Regards
Arran

I could see tube number stamped on the chassis in front of the socket (with the dirt rubbed away and a flashlight in my mouth.)

Hi All;
DK, I hope the end of the flashlight is cherry flavored..
THANK YOU Marty