Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NOW - I need more room

Picked up a pretty nice Philco 37-630 console this weekend. $45.00. Just what I needed...another console. Now I need to find more room or (gasp) get rid of one of my less favorites.

[Image: http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679...b3a5f9.jpg]

Don't have an after shot yet, but the go-jo, Howard's treatment made this thing look nearly new.

I've faced your dilemma twice. An RCA 19K and a GE H87 left my house reluctantly. They were replaced by a Zenith 7S 363 and a Philco 38-1. So life goes. Someone has said, "You can't own them all." How true.

The only consolation would be the joy that you have brought to someone to whom you have given (or sold) the "excess" to! A very fine feeling, indeed! Icon_clap Icon_angel

That's a nice one! I like it and can understand why you bought it. You can never have too many friends, too much money or too many radios. Icon_smile

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Console radios are hard to find room for around the house. I have 25 of them scattered through out my house. There is not a room that you go into that does not have at least one. Wife says "NO MORE CONSOLES" .... There is always room for one more!

My wife says the same thing. But when I sold my 39-40 to make room for the 37-630, she felt bad. I liked the 37-630 much better anyway styling wise and it doesn't have all the rubber wiring and push buttons. My preferences have evolved towards the older consoles with no rubber wiring and no push buttons. Can't wait to get my Philco 14mx done and in the house.

That's the nice one. The speaker cloth is in great shape!