Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Parts for Philco 42-365-- what is this called?

Hello. I am new to this forum. Although I have owned my radio since 1977, because it has played just fine, I never learned much about it. I have never been technologically savvy. I have just enjoyed my radio as it is but since we have recently moved into a new house, the radio seems to have been jarred in transit, and no longer fits securely in the cabinet.

I believe I need a few parts for my radio -- and I don't know what these little rubber blocks are called. Maybe someone can help me? They are on either side of the radio, which is seated on the shelf of the cabinet. They are on either side and appear to secure the radio in place. One is missing and the other is deteriorating.

Perhaps if the radio were positioned more securely, I could use the push buttons better (they seem to be connected to nothing -- but the dial works....albeit backwards). When I push the buttons, the entire radio seems to move in tghe cabinet.

The dial has been backwards since my ex-husband put it together back in the seventies.

I would also like to buy some knobs. I have four bakelite ones which fit loosely, but I am a hoarder and so would like the security of owning extras.

I found the Philco Phorum when I decided to have my Philco 42-365 repaired (the dial seems to be backwards -- 55krc is where wcky 1630 should be) and wanted to purchase specs.

The price for Ron's radio repair doesn't faze me....I just could not ship it. I would be a wreck! I would sooner drive it to Evansville, but I would have to recruit my husband for that and I don't think he will do it in this lifetime.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Buffy in Cincinnati

Hi,

Welcome to the Phorum!

And it is I, G. Gordon...er, um, I mean, Double R, known irreverently to some as Mister Philco.

I believe the rubber mounts you are looking for are probably the Philco Chassis Corner Mounts, and new reproductions may be found <a href="http://www.renovatedradios.com/parts.html">here</a> (scroll about halfway down the page).

The chassis would have been held in originally with sheet metal screws; the rubber mounts were there to reduce microphonics.

For knobs, look here:

http://www.antiqueradioknobs.com/partlistings.html

Larry Bordonaro offers THE BEST reproduction knobs and escutcheons, period.

Don't know why your dial would be backward? Perhaps something as simple as the dial cord being strung incorrectly?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thank you for your answer. It is truly amazing to me, a newcomer, how many resources there are for people who love their old radios and want to keep them in good condition.

I don't work on mine myself, I just enjoy owning it and listening to it.....
Thanks. Sincerely, Buffy