Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 50 in Combs Cabinet

I found one, can anyone give me any particulars about it? How rare is this chassis in this cabinet? I'm just curious. The escutcheon looks pretty cool, instead of "Super Heterodyne 7" for a 70, or "9", on a 90, it has "T.R.F.", and some letters that look like Made in USA, but not sure. The radio isn't something you see everyday, and I like it!

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry

The early Model 50 is listed in my site's Gallery.
http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1931c.htm

I am sorry but my source of information (Philco Furniture History) does not break down the production figures of the 70, 35, 46 & early 50 Baby Grand cabinets individually.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

That's fine, Ron, thanks. The only reason I knew about it was when I was going through your gallery, VERY nice job!! I read you short bit about the Baby Grand Model 50, and how uncommon the Combs cabinet is with this model. I remembered that when I saw this Model 50, and I'm going to try for it. The cabinet is a little beat up, but, nothing chronic, and the chassis has some surface rust, but, it looks like it's all there. This is an A/C TRF like the Model 20, right? How different are the tubes between the two? I have a plain Model 20, as well as a Baby Grand Model 70, love them both!! I want to add to the growing Philco collection, maybe, I'll surpass the Zeniths I have in number, LOL Icon_wink ! Thanks for this site and all the work you've done for the hobby!! I've only been into this hobby a few years, but, I've known about the "Philco Orical", you!! I've spent hours looking and researching my two Philcos on your site, so, it means alot to have all of this info in one place! Have a great weekend!!

Jerry