Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 45

Hi All;
I went and did it, I got another chassis.. Chassis seem to be about all I can afford with shipping and all.. I got a Philco 45, it was listed as a Philco 29 45, but the label of the Back of it shows a 45.. Don't know anything about it, it should be here by the end of the week..
I though that having a two bander might simpliify my getting something working and my troubleshooting and aligtnment skills.. I can leave it on the broadcast band and see about making it work.. I will update everyone once it gets here..
The 28, 29, 39, and 45 have all the same/similiar front end all being a two bander, the only exception is the converter tube used.. 1C6 vs 6A7..
THANK YOU marty

The 1C6 is a tube for a battery-operated radio. Battery sets are simple and easy to fix. Building a power supply is easy too since there are innumerable ways of doing it.

Hi All;
Bill. If you have kept up with all of my postings on my Battery set Philco 34, that uses the 1C6, you would notice that I am and have had innermable trouble with it.. Which Is part of the Reason that I am getting the Philco 45, something simplier to try and get going..
I have a Power Supply that is great for my 34.. (Home built)
THANK YOU marty

Hi All;
I Got the Philco 45 and Speaker today.. I found out After posting about a transformer that He had the Speaker for it, so I got it..
Its quite Dusty and Dirty.. So I will need to do some cleaning up..
I will Replace the Electrolytics and see with my Variac what happens..
Then I will replace a Cap at a Time, making sure that I have it wired correct and it isn't any worse.. I think that is part of some of my problems with my Philco 34.. Just letting Everyone know.. For Now until I can get the funds I will use the pages from Nostalgiaair, then get a set from Chuck when I am able to afford it..
THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
Well, Considering what I have, I feel I am very Blessed.. I replaced the three electrolytic Caps and put it on the Variac..
I got a station very weak and with lots of squeeling, but it was there..
But, after, a minute or so I suddenly hear a pop! and I have no sound..
So, for a first try, I feel that what I got is Great !!!
THANK YOU Marty