Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello, and a question

Hi everyuone. I aquired a large Philco console yesterday, but i cannot find a schematic, Its a 41-269. I've asked at other place, and looked over many pictures to find one close to it, but with no luck, the tube lineup is odd, i think someone just plugged tubes in it, no rectifier, 2 differnt kinds of out puts. does have 2-#41's which i'm geussing is what is supposed to be the output tubes. Don't have much more information than that. I'm hoping some one here might reconize it, and would be able to give me a tube lineup thats correct.

Thanks
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

Sorry, Philco did not produce a 41-269. Maybe it is a 41-296? Can you provide photos to help identify it?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well it could be a 41-296, I might have misread the tag?..... Its a very large console radio, no phonoo player, Eight tubes, 41 P-P output. the other tubes seem to be whatever some one plugged in to take up space.its a 9 tube set. Has a very large speaker, over a foot in diameter. has a large rounded grill like and old car. Unfortunatley i put it in storge, as i have too much at home right now, and i didn't take a picture. THanks for the help
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

Well, I looked...Model 41-296 uses the same chassis as Model 41-285 (nine tubes). It is pictured and described here:

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1941b.htm#j

The tube lineup is: (2) XXL, (2) 7B7, (1) 7A6, (1) 7C6, (2) 41, (1) 84.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN