Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 640 - Caps in RF Transformer - Need Values

According to the literature I have the descriptions for diagram #'s 16 & 17 state "Condenser, Part of 11". 11 is the RF transformer. No value is given for these caps in the parts list or in the schematic. I have not torn into the chassis yet. I'm just trying to put together my shopping list so I can order the parts I need. Anyone know what the value of these caps are?

[Image: http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/main.ph...alNumber=1]

Thanks,
Geoff

Those look like mica resonating caps for the coil winding. I would just as well leave them alone as they are usually pretty reliable and most likely are a selected value.

Agree: I would not touch anything in there unless absolutely warranted.

Sounds like good advice. As I start tearing into it I'll try and determine what the values are and update this post for anyone else that may want to know. But I'll leave them in place.

Thanks,
Geoff

Those are trimmer caps as indicated by the symbol. They really don't need to be messed with.

13 & 14 are trimmer caps since they have the arrows on them but I don't think 16 & 17 are since they do not have the arrows. I'm not positive of this since I have not dug into the electronics yet.

- Geoff