Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bakelite block 3903AH info.

I'm doing a recap on a Philco 80, there is a 3903AH bakelite block that I can't find the lug diagram. I have the list of all available here and it's not there, I believe there is one .01mfd inside but at what terminals. Any help would be appreciated.

A twin 0.09uF. (or 0.1uF, 630 v.) block. Mouting hole Lug #1 and Lug #8 tied together, as you see, is the common for both caps to ground thru the mounting screw obviously. One cap goes to Lug #7, the other to Lug #6. See lug diagram on my site in PARTS section for Bakelite Block Consensers.

I have looked on that chart and it dosen't show a 3903AH. I can do as you said, but am I missing something? does it show it and I don't see it? Thanks for the quick response. Also on my shematic parts list ti shows the 3903AH with a .01mfd. so now i'm really confused.

No, my charts are not all inclusive. Use the info I have above. Use the little bakelite block LUG picture to dertmine the lug numbering scheme.

Chuck, I fully understand the lug pattern, but why , if you could explain for my future referance. If the schematic says in the parts values and part numbers The 3903AH takes a .01mfd and you say use a 0.09mfd twin. Don't know if I'm just thick, but if you could explain I would sleep better at night.

The capacitor in question is item 32 on the schematic:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013843.pdf
It indeed would be .01 and it should be a safety cap since it goes from line to ground.

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

I didn't say to use 0.09. That's what the block originally came with. I mentioned that the closest vaule nowadays is 0.1uF in parentheses. Use that value and you'll be fine.

Ok thanks for the help guys. By the way, Just Radios carries the .09uf 630v.