Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Veneer Repair Walkthrough..

PuhPow, you have far more patience than I ever had even in my best of days, beautiful

Thanks Chris. If you guys are ordering Timber Mate, take note that you need to cut it water before using it. It's thick in the jar, so I just dip my finger in some water before I scoop a little out. They gave me a pamphlet with detailed instructions, so I hope they include the same thing with mail orders.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Thanks for the great step-by-step instructions. Icon_thumbup

Is that the original finish on that Crosley?

I did one just like that a while back, but most of the original finish was pretty faded and I just guessed at what the colors should be.

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

This one was faded too. I went at it hard with Howard's Restore-A-Finish and #0000 steel wool. So, it's the original finish, but restored.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

That's just the type of repair I need for a 38-40 Table model I am restoring. Perfect! Thanks

PuhPow,

Thank you so much for giving some detailed instructions on veneer repair. I'm a novice to this kind of repair and this information will really come in handy.

Tom

Great thread! This is something that I need to tackle on a couple of my flea market finds. Thank you so much for putting this together for us in a "simple to follow" format. I have a curved section that I need to repair on an old Emerson along with some repairs similar to yours.

Craig R.

WOW-thanks for the walk thru on the veneer repair--this will come in handy for me on a future project (actually its a Crosley also)