Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can Anyone ID this radio?

I don't know what it is, but I own it... Icon_lol

I'm a sucker for art deco..

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

St. Thomas Cathedral?

It does look like a church!!

Here is a pic of the back.. maybe it will help.. The radio isn't here yet, so I can't pull the chassis or anything..

Yikes scary. How big is that thingIcon_eek

My body violently shuddered when I viewed the item! Icon_e_surprised I got the "willies", and the hair on my arms and the back of my neck are still standing on end!!! > I fear it.< Icon_eek

Looks like that edifice from the "Ghostbusters" movie.

It also comes with a complementary Philco or Majestic Rosette knob. It also has the rare brown paper grill cloth complete with stains, I wonder how the sound was supposed to get out?
Regards
Arran

Sympathic resonance. Icon_smile

Sorta looks like a Stewart Warner. Icon_think
Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

High fidelity brown paper bag grill cloth, with a china white enamel finish. It does look sort of like a Stewart Warner, or a Crosley, but both would have the name on the dial escutcheon, and the Crosley would have a model number plate on the back of the chassis. By the chassis layout and the size of the components I would guess that it's from around 1935-36
Regards
Arran

I will transform it into a thing of great beauty and sound.... Icon_lol

It should arrive today or tomorrow. I'll let you know what it is..

I pulled the chassis and noticed these initials on the dial... JDA or DJA.. Ring a bell for anyone?

I just replaced the electrolytic caps, plugged it into the variac and it lives!!!!! Sounds pretty good too! ..

Mystery is solved... the name is stamped on the radio..

DeJur Corp.. NY, NY, along with several pat nos..

That would explain the DJA on the dial too...Anyone ever heard of them? Radio Museum says they made some kind of amp in 1926. No other info.

another d#%$&* gold mine I see Icon_silent

Arran

The whole idea is to keep the sound inside. Once you let it escape, it goes away and never comes back. Hence the Brown Paper.