Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Finished my 37-610 Today...

Before, before and after, after.....

I'm pretty proud of this one. She was in rough shape when we met. I think this one is a keeper. Sorry about the low quality pics. There isn't much light in here in the evening.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

BEAUTIFUL job! You would never know it was the same radio. It can't look much nicer than that! Nice goin'!

Craig R.

WoW looks great Icon_clap

Great job Your radio looks great. I have the tombstone model and it works great!

Hi All;
Puhpow, It looks better than New, A great looking Radio and that it plays is even better.. You do Great work..
THANK YOU Marty

Thanks everyone! It plays very well. I find it extremely rewarding to bring an old set back to looking good and playing well. These radios are so beautiful, especially Philcos, and no one makes anything like them anymore.

I have the 1936 model 610 in that same cabinet and really enjoy it. You did a great job on that cabinet What is the radio that you have in the picture to the left of the 610?

Sincerely

Keith Jansen

Very nice...great job! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron! That means a lot coming from you! Icon_biggrin

KJ, the radio to the left is a Philco 38-9.. Great sounding radio.. and good looking... It's a keeper too! Here is a photo ...

My camera doesn't do it justice, but the 38-9 has a much cooler dial than the 37-610 (in my opinion)... it's one of my favorite features of the radio.

Really nice work. Is the grille cloth original or did you find a source for repro cloth in that rib pattern?

Thanks Mondial.. The 37-610 is repro grill cloth from Radiodaze... the 38-9 is original if I recall correctly..

Great job PuhPow. I Really appreciate the work it took you to restore that radio.

Puh-Pow:

How funny, I have a 38-9 just like yours sitting above my 610 bullet on the display shelf. These are 2 of my favorite radios!!

Sincerely

Keith Jansen

What a nice job, I have the same radio in my shop as my daily listener. Not quite as nice looking as yours although if I dusted all the shop dust off it might come a little closer. They are great radios and the sound is exceptional.
Regards Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.