Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Stewart-Warner 950 battery set

Wasn't using a heat gun. Was using a hotplate and pan.

Strange set. It doesn't follow the schematic, not even the battery version of the schematic. Said schematic shows stage trimmer caps that do not exist. It shows a pair 171's as outputs, when the radio itself calls for 12A's. Also has different voltages than the radio calls for. Also odd for such a set to have a dial light, but, there it is. I discovered a short time ago that some of the lack of volume was due to my A battery being a bit low. Charging it up a bit resulted in good room filling sound, not loud, but certainly adequate.

Hi All;
Brenda Ann, Thanks for the Great Pictures.. Is this set a TRF or is it a superhetrodyne ?? Just Courious..
When I was a mixed up kid, me and a friend would put our hands in molten Wax, and then run arround the Yard to cool it off, and repeat untill we had a creepy looking wax hand.. So, you forgot to run arround the yard to cool it off..
THANK YOU Marty

I was weirder. I guess I was what they call goth nowadays. I used to dip my fingers in kerosene and hold them straight up and light them, this in my mid teens. I had a sort of death wish back then. Teen angst? Sure glad I got over it. I was insufferable for a few years, even to myself. It's a wonder I'm still here.
Icon_smile

You have to be a bit weird to tinker with electrical stuff decades older then you are to begin with. As for the nail thing I was a bit of a pyro when I was a teenager, still am to a degree, good thing I didn't have any black powder around.
Regards
Arran