Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco radio and phono

I have just acquired a Philco radio and phono and cant seem to find out anything about it.. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you so much!!

Hi and welcome!

Your Philco looks very similar to model 50-1720.

http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1950.htm#r

Not exactly the same, but the closest I could find.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Sassy, I give you an "A" for being able to post a picture and a "D" for the quality. You really need to get a nice camera (cheap). Cell phones can be good if done right. Now, someone will help with the proper model number, as for value, depends on who wants it and where you live. Shipping would cost a lot more than the value of the radio. If you were next door, I might take it as a gift. Not certain why I would do that.
The important thing is does this radio have some value to you? Like been in the family for years. If so, you could either get someone to make it safe to run (electronics) or if you wish to get into a little soldering, make it safe yourself for very little money.
I would say the value would be to have someone pick it up for free or put it at a consignment store for maybe $50. Doubt it will sell. It is just not a radio of any interest to collectors but certainly one for someone who might like a nice accent piece in their house.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Thanks for the info.. with that being said guess ill shabby chic it and make it an accent piece then and sell for $125 thanks again. Have a great day!!