Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-17F Variant - another undocumented set

Exactly, I don't get it. If I bid and didn't pay they would close my account.

Happily back in Illinois..not.

After reading a similar story on ARF about someone getting stiffed by a less-than-honest seller, I decided to look up the seller in question in this thread...I see this person is still an eBay member in good standing. Glenn's negative has been the only negative the person has received.

eBay never did a D**n thing to the seller. This proves they are unwilling to enforce their own rules.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I too am getting fed up with the ebay bums, I ran ito the same problem a few months back and had to get ebay involved, I got my money back but it was absolutely stupid, it was over a $10 difference of opinion in value, I though it was worth $20 and he though it was worth $30 but the top bid was $12. I gave him plenty of opportunity to do the right thing, even told him what would happen if he didn't, but he still did not listen. One thing they do have as well as the feedback is a rating system with stars, so I gave him bottom marks on everything, so the twit changed his user name not knowing that the feedback record stays with him. Apparently leaving a low star rating increses the fees a seller has to pay ebay so there is a penalty, even though they should suspend or cancel the accounts of bad sellers. I just wish a viable competitor to ebay would enter the scene, they really need a slap across their backsides.
$350 for that thing? Where on earth did they get the idea for that price from? A transmission from Jupiter? That would be at most a $100 around here, probably closer to a $75 and I doubt whether they would get that much. I really don't understand how some of these guys arrive at a price, I can only guess what kind of nonsense Rick and his crew from Pawn Stars have to put up with on a daily basis, old rhymes with gold but that doesn't make it worth it's weight in it.
Regards
Arran

I recently had to get eBay involved in the purchase of a Canadian Philco 39-3B4 from a US seller. Two and a half weeks went by...the seller sent me a note claiming it had been sent to the wrong address and returned to him. I told him to send it on to me, and gave him my correct address. Which I thought to be odd, because eBay and PayPal both have my correct address on file. Ten days later, still no radio, I wrote the seller asking where my radio was. No reply. I filed an eBay Buyer Protection claim, and received my refund from eBay yesterday. You never know with these zero feedback sellers...some are OK, some aren't. It's a gamble. At least the buyer has some recourse. It is too bad Glenn was denied both a radio and any help from eBay. Although he did get his money back, a seller who should have been NARU'd was allowed to remain an eBay member in good standing.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

To top off the whole mess, after the initial feedback and writing to EPay the seller contacts me a month later and asks if I would be willing to purchase it for a better price of $200 . I told him to get lost, never contact me again and even reported that e-mail to EPay and still they let the seller continue. Oh Well I'd rather buy from fellow collectors and local people etc...

Happily back in Illinois..not.

I'm also troubled by the eBay rating system. I recently won and paid for a Model 60B (late version). Soon thereafter the seller began making excuses why he had not shipped my radio. I gave him plenty of opportunity to make things right. He then stopped replying to my emails. I reported the incident after 40 days and eBay refunded my money (Buyer Protection). The seller also stiffed several other buyers at about the same time. Here's the rub; the seller still has a rating of 98.2%. This is because he had many good ratings before he went on his crime spree. My search for a Model 60B continues.

Strange as it seems I do know of ebay banning sellers, can you imagine how bad you have to be to get banned from fleabay? There was one recuring scam that many sellers continously played and that was with the shipping, now that ebay take a cut of the S&H cost a lot of it has stopped but some sellers still haven't got the message although they aren't as blatent about it. If they had enforced the rules about excessive shipping charges by the sellers, by banning, suspending, or fining them, in the first place this wouldn't be necessary. Like I said ebay really needs some proper competition, if they did then they might actually enforce their rules.
Right now I am dealing with a seller who acts as a sales and listing agent for other people whom I still have not received the item from. The story I am getting is that she deals with the listing and the selling but the actual owner deals with the shipping. The item was supposedly mailed on the 5th of August but I still haven't got it yet, weird since it took paypal until the 8th to clear. She claims that if I don't get it by the 8th of this month she will issue a refund personally, we shall see. I don't buy radios over fleabay anymore , I've had too many arrive in pieces thanks to clueless sellers, if I buy again I'm picking it up personally.
Regards
Arran