Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-17F Variant - another undocumented set

That's just it - there is no schematic that I know of. There is no documentation for this model! That's why I would like to know more about it, so I can share it with others on my site.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Newbies to E-Pay I hate them. Below is the message I just received from the seller of the 17:

"you can pick it up if you like..glenn..I am declining the offer/bid- 350.00 is the minimum I would take for it..this was my first list and I had no intention of selling it that cheap..sorry.

edited by site admin to remove seller's name

- janypany2010"

He thinks it's worth $350...it had no reserve. Icon_evil

Happily back in Illinois..not.

If it had no reserve, he can't decline your high bid. Report him to eBay. With no reserve, he is obligated to sell the item to you.

Do not hesitate; report him NOW. Don't let up on him, either.

Good luck...and let us know what happens.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I just did a little bit of quick research into this.

Have you paid for the item via PayPal? If so, it is apparently easier to get eBay involved.

You'll at least get your money back...and, after you report him to eBay and if you do end up without the radio, give him a big fat negative feedback. A putz like that deserves negative FB.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

War story:

I was once high bidder on an item that went cheaply. After a few days, the seller refunded my money, claiming it had been shipped to someone else. The next day, he relisted the item!

So...how can you ship something to someone else and then relist the item? You can't. I gave him a negative. It pissed him off and he gave me a retaliatory FB that was either neutral or negative, I don't remember which (this was back when sellers could give neutrals and negatives). Too bad! He deserved the negative for pulling such a blatant stunt as that.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I guess the putz (0) doesn't understand how ebay works. And he'll probably go away talking bad about ebay once they put the hammer down for trying to bail on the deal.

The first time I had a seller pull out of the deal it was apparently one of those grandma sellers. I won (and paid for) a shop vac for $1 + $16 postage and that's the last I heard from her. I saw that she continued to sell but none of the remedies were working for me. This was quite a few years back when ebay/paypal weren't very effective in helping out.

I filed a complaint with the Indiana (she was in Anderson) Attorney General and also made a call to the Anderson PD. That got her attention although the AG response was a couple months later after it had already been resolved.

Just a few months ago I 'won' a Philco 60 cathedral for $15. It never arrived. When I inquired she just said "oh, it must have got lost in the mail" and refunded all my money, no questions asked Icon_smile Yeah, right.

C'est la vie!

Well the adventure continues. I've posted negative FB with the seller and notified E-Bay and now it's in their hands. I paid and he refunded the same day..lol, but a least it allowed me to initiate the process. So needless to say, I won't have my hands on it by this Saturday for the meet in Lexington.
Glenn

For the curious, here is another link to the auction in question (yes, there is a link on page 1 of this thread also):

http://cgi.ebay.com/110598174254

Glenn - I am glad to hear that you filed a complaint with eBay. Let's hope it works out to your satisfaction.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

It still blows my mind, He thinks it's worth $350! I keep checking Craigslist in Columbus to see if it appears, nothing yet.

Glenn:

If all else fails, you may wish to make a road trip to Bessemer City, NC to pick up the one currently listed on craigslist for $100.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/1995594271.html

Perhaps Ron will join you in his wagon!

Best wishes,

Allen

It's baaaaack...

http://cgi.ebay.com/110623129436

You mean to tell me that eBay did nothing to this rat bum after stiffing our own Glenn on this same set, and allows this person to continue selling?

This tells me that eBay is worthless at enforcing their own rules. I really don't think they care, just as long as the $$$$$$$ keeps rolling in.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

yep funny how he waited 45 days to relist. You can only go back 45 days, according to e-bay. I'm still going to try and get him banned. He can't really be serious about the price??? he truly is a nut job. Icon_mad

Here is my reply from E-bay....

"Thanks for letting us know about a listing or seller you'd like us to
investigate for potential fraudulent activity. eBay is very concerned
about this type of activity. We'll review your report as soon as
possible, usually within 72 hours.

Because we're concerned about the privacy of all parties involved, we
won't be updating you about the status of our investigation. Even though
you'll receive only this acknowledgement of your report, please be
assured that we'll thoroughly investigate the situation. "

Yea right. I feel very assured...not.
Oh well, I feel better now, off to start on the 39-55.

It didn't sell...lol. Wonder if we will see it again?

I can't believe eBay did nothing to this seller after refusing to sell to you when you had the high bid on this, Glenn. How they go on and on about how a "bid is a binding contract." I guess it is only "binding" upon the buyer, not the seller. Icon_rolleyes

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN